A remarkable way to boost morals and improve results. Fish! is a book written by:
- Stephen C. Lundin (Ph. D.),
- Harry Paul, and
- John Christensen
- Can-do Person. Always, get the work done on time and with the highest quality. Listen to the concern and ideas of staff. Cover for someone with personal problems and important appointments. Be clear with your priority of getting the job done well and on time.
- Many people work because of the following reasons:
4 main ingredient suggested in the book are:
- There is always a choice about the way we do our work,
even if there is not a choice about the work itself.
- Play: take the business seriously, but at the same time discover ways one can be serious about business and still have fun doing it.
- Make their day: Engage people and welcome them to join in the fun. Help people create a memory and enjoy the moment so that they can have a story of their own. Focusing our attention on ways to make another person’s day provides a constant flow of positive feelings.
- Be present and focus on your customer. Engage them in your activity and talk to them as if they are long lost friends.
For many, choosing the attitude has a lot to do with the way they are treated and what happens to them.
Always have a concrete plan of action. A concrete plan relieve others and make them stick to the plan.
1. The Play Team
- Benefits of play
- Happy people treat others well.
- Fun leads to creativity.
- The time passes quickly.
- Having a good time is healthy.
- Work becomes a reward and not just a way to rewards
- Implementing Play
- Post signs saying, this is a playground. Watch out for adults children.
- Start a joke-of-the-month contest with its own bulletin board.
- Add more colour and make the environment more interesting.
- Add more life with plants and aquariums.
- Special events such as a lunchtime comedian.
- Instruction in creativity.
- Form an ongoing play committee to keep the ideas flowing.
2. The Make Their Day Team
Realise the importance of your role in the business. How our work impacts the overall process.
Results of Customer Survey. Customer feedback is paramount, whether its internal customer or external. It shows the real picture, sometimes it can make one angry, but the truth that customer feels the way they feel, and accepting this truth will help in improving the current condition and addressing the problems.
- Benefits of Make Their Day
- It is good for business.
- Serving customers will give us the satisfaction of serving others. This is healthy, it should make you feel good, and will unleash more energy.
- Implementing Make their Day
- Stagger the working hours in order to cover maximum time to offer service to the customer.
- Pull together some focus group to study and come up with ways to improve the ways we serve our customers.
- identify, appreciate and reward people for going the extra mile to satisfy their customers.
- implement a 360-degree feedback process.
- Try to make every transaction with the customer a memorable one.
3. The Present Moment Team
Is this a good time? are you present?
Being present will help make the bond which will pave the path of satisfaction for the customers.
4. The Choose Your Attitude Team
By accepting that you choose your attitude, you demonstrate a level of personal accountability and proactivity.
Choosing your attitude and acting like a victim is mutually exclusive.
By choosing your attitude you choose to bring your best self to work and to love the work you do.
We may not be able to do exactly what we love at the present time, but any of us can choose to love what we do. We can bring our best quality to our work – it is our choice.
Books which can help choose our attitudes are:
- Personal Accountability: The Path to a Rewarding Work Life.
- Raving Fans
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Gung Ho!
- The Road Less Traveled.
Satisfying, rewarding work can be a choice when we come to work. It is as simple as asking, Is this going to be a good day? And answering Yes I choose to make this a great day.
Transform the routine work into a value-added activity.
Be serious about your work without being serious about yourself.
hello!,I like your writing so much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Looking forward to see you.