How to make field editable in FB02 for already posted documents | SAP FI
In this post, we will check how we can make a field editable in Transaction Code FB02 for already posted documents.
In SAP, there are many fields which can never be changed in FB02 TCode under any circumstances once the document is posted. The reason behind such restrictions is to protect important accounting document data and to avoid fiscal period closer problems, e.g., audit control, out of balance situations.
How can we activate a field for change in Transaction code FB02?
Step 1: Maintain the “Field Name” correctly in Transaction in OB32 tcode or table TBAER. The table can be maintained in view V_TBAER, from transaction SM30. In the above screenshot, we have maintained the field name “BKPF-XBLNR” which is Document Reference field.
Step 2: Rule for the field change should be defined correctly. This includes mentioning “Account Type”, “Transaction Type”, and “Company Code”. In the above screenshot, we have kept the fields for these rules as blank. Keeping it blank will make this field editable for all the scenarios.
Step 3: Checkbox under the box “Possibility of changing the field” which says “Field Can Be Changed” should be selected or ticked.
If you have set these 3 steps properly then the file will get active for editing in FB02. Please make sure you close the transaction FB02 and reopen it to reflect the field editable changes.
What if the entry for some field is already present in transaction OB32 (table TBAER) but still the field is not editable in or greyed out in FB02?
This could happen for many reasons. Let’s try to explore it one by one.
- If the field is used in Special Ledger then we have to follow SAP Note 79760.
Now, How can we check if the field is used in Special Ledger or not?
For this, we will take help of function module G_CHECK_FIELD_USED_IN_GLX. This Function module can be accessed via transaction code SE37.
Enter the Field name in the “fieldname” parameter with the correct client name and it will return the export parameter with RC = 0 if the field is not used in SL. If the field is used in Special GL the export parameter RC will be not equal to
- Special G/L indicator: if the field which is requested for a change in FB02 is posted in a line item with a special G/L indicator within transaction class “A” or “W” (BSEG-UMSKS = A or W). In this case, the field can only be changed if a corresponding entry in the table TBAER is maintained (V_TBAER-UMSKS).
The document change rules only have special provisions for transaction types A (down payments) and W (bills of exchange). For all other transaction types the rule for transaction type “blank” is used.
- Posting period: if the indicator “Posting period not closed” (V_TBAER-XBUPE) is activated, even if the corresponding field is maintained under the Document Change Rules, it won’t be possible to change the field value in an already posted document if the period (in TA OB52) is closed.
- Line item cleared: Similarly, if the indicator “Line item not cleared” (V_TBAER- XAUSZ) is activated, even if the corresponding field is maintained under the Document Change Rules, it won’t be possible to change the field value in an already posted document if the line item is already cleared.
The indicator should be set for all fields which are used for controlling payment transactions or dunning, such as terms of payment, cash discounts, payment methods and dunning keys.
This completes the topic of making a field editable under FB02 via transaction OB32. Below are few SAP Notes which are related to this:
- SAP Note 79760: Certain BSEG fields cannot be changed (FB02)
- SAP Note 827413: Changeability of fields in FI documents
Hope this post helps you. Please let us know if you have any suggestion by comment. We embrace all feedback.