Transfer GL Account Master Data | SAP HANA
SAP TCode or Transaction Code: FS15 for Send, and FS16 for Receive.
Requirement: Suppose you have a requirement of creating GL accounts in different clients. In such cases, these transactions can be used and will reduce the manual effort required for creating GL accounts in different systems.
Copy / Transfer General Ledger Account Master Data from one client to Another
- Create all the GL Accounts in one client, in our case we have created GL Accounts in Client 100 (Development System)
- Goto TCode FS15: Copy / Transfer General Ledger Account Master Data
Now goto, TCode FS15 in client 100, and enter the details as shown in the screenshot.
- After Execution, you will get a message showing all the GL accounts which are marked for sending.
- Now log into the client where you want to create the same set of GL account( In my case it is Client 105) and then goto Tcode FS16: Copy G/L Account Master Data in Target Company Code: Receive.
Please note that I am not copying the GL to different company code, rather I am copying the GLs to same company code but different client.
In Transaction FS16, enter the details as mentioned below. Please make sure you have selected the checkbox “Check File Only.” Checking this file will make the program execute in test mode.
- Once you execute this transaction, you will get the following message, this means that everything is fine.
- Now, go back and then uncheck the checkbox “Check File Only”, and execute.
- Finally, you will get the following message screen. No Message means that there was no error while execution.
Now you can go ahead and check your GLs.
In case you face any issue or want to know more about this, please let me know by comments.